Tea and black coffee are the healthiest things available at any local Starbucks. They are also the most bud- get friendly for any student.
Be aware of all the calories in the add-ins, which include cream, milk and sugar. Avoid ordering the Venti size and ask for your drink to be made with nonfat milk and no whipped cream.
“It’s hard to find healthy drinks especially if they’re expensive. When I go to Starbucks I always order a grande Iced Green tea with no sweetener. It has no calories and I pay about $2.15 each time I stop by,” tzitlali Alvarez, sophomore health science major, said.
- Some Healthy choices at Starbucks under 100 calories include:
- Tall Pike Place Roast (5 calories)
- Tall nonfat Café Misto (60 calories)
- Tall Caffè Americano (10 calories)
- Tall nonfat Iced Caffè Latte (70 calories)
- Tall Coffee Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee (90 Calories)
- Tazo Tea (0 calories)
“All of the fruit smoothies at Jamba Juice are pretty healthy. they either contain no milk or soy. I usually get the Five Fruit Frenzy – it’s really yummy and has low calories,” Amey Fenwick, junior early childhood studies major, said.
- Heavenly Green Tea Latte with Nonfat Milk has 150 calories.
- Peach Perfection 300 cal, no sat fat, 0.5g total fat, 30mg sodium, 75g carbs, 59g sugars, 5g fiber, 2g protein.
- Five Fruit Frenzy 340 cal, no sat fat, 1g total fat, 30mg sodium, 82g carbs, 63g sugars, 6g fiber, 2g protein.
- Strawberry Whirl 300 cal, no sat fat, 0.5g total fat, 25mg sodium, 75g carbs, 64g sugars, 6g fiber, 2g protein.
- Original Spiced Chai Tea Latte with Nonfat Milk has 150 calories.
- A 16-oz. Banana Berry smoothie “Make It Light” version has 170 calories and 32 grams of sugar.
Juice It Up!:
Whether it comes from fruits or vegetables, Juice It Up! drinks are loaded with vital nutrients and offer immense health benefits while also low in calories.
“My favorite overall drink is the peanut butter java. It is a great protein-filled smoothie that is an easy meal replacement when busy,” said Alexandria m. Harris, sophomore political science major.
The following drinks are a healthier option for those who are watching calories or carbo- hydrate intake in a 16-oz. cup.
- Strawberry Delight only has 170 calories and includes strawberry juice blend, no-sugar-added yogurt and strawberries.
- Mango Delight only has 180 calories and includes: mango juice blend, no-sugar-added yogurt,mango and strawberries.
- Pineapple Delight only has 190 calories and includes: orange juice, pineapple juice blend, no-sugar-added yogurt, strawberries and pineapple.
- Passion Delight has 240 calories and includes: passion juice blend, no-sugar-added yogurt, orange sherbet, peaches and strawberries.