If chocolate is the dessert of choice, then this no-bake lasagna is sure to hit the spot.
All one needs to create this chocolate lovers’ paradise is 1 package of Oreo cookies, 6 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 brick of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 1/4 cups milk, 1 tub of Cool Whip, 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding and a bag of mini-chocolate chips.
• To begin, butter the dish the lasagna will be in and set it aside.
• Start removing the inside filling of the Oreo Cookies and place in a bag to be crushed.
• Once the cookies are crushed, place them at the bottom of the dish, to serve as the crust or base of the dish.
• In another bowl, whip the cream cheese until it is fully whipped and add 2 tablespoons of milk and sugar. Mix until all is combined.
• Add in half a package of Cool Whip. Then spread the mixture lightly over the crust.
• While it is cooling in the fridge for 10 minutes, in a separate bowl, combine the chocolate pudding and cold milk and whisk together until thick.
• Spread the pudding mixture lightly over the cream cheese layer and place in the fridge for 10 minutes again to allow the pudding to set.
• Once set, spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top and add as many chocolate chips as you see fit. Place back in the fridge for two-three hours.
Because it is layered in one pan, it is the perfect dish to take along to pot lucks, dinner parties or simply to keep in the fridge all for yourself to enjoy.
With no baking involved, there will be no heating required, so one can feel free to eat this cool dessert straight out of the pan.
This chocolate lasagna is filled with creamy flavors and different textures that will make the taste buds happy.
The recipe looked easy, as most things do on Pinterest, but in real life it was more difficult than expected because of the sheer number of steps involved in making the dessert.
It is difficult to follow what needs to be done when there are so many different actions to be taken. In addition, it can take up to five hours to fully complete.
We would not recommend attempting this recipe in a dorm unless your kitchen is straight out of the Food Network stocked with things such as whisks, hand mixers and spreading utensils because without these items it will take twice as long to create the chilled treat.