Most people would admit to sampling a piece of raw cookie dough or licking the cake batter off the spoon once or twice, but what if there was a crossover between the two that would not make you sick?
The good news is these no- bake cake batter truffles will do just the trick.
This dessert is a cross between cake batter and cookie dough. These decadent truffles have both the sponginess of cake batter but the consistency of cookie dough.
To makes these delicious treats you will need 1-1/2 cups flour, 1 cup yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 3-4 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons of sprinkles, 16 ounces (8 squares) of almond bark and pop sticks for dipping.
There are a lot of ingredients that go into making these truffles — but do not be discouraged because they can all be added in at the same time and stirred to perfection.
• To begin, we suggest having a big bowl in which to toss the ingredients.
• Mix the flower, cake mix, softened butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, milk and sprinkles together until throughly mixed.
• Now comes the hard part. You may want to try to make perfectly round balls, but we found that to be difficult.
• Our suggestion to eliminate the stress is to just have fun with it. They do not need to be perfect because they are so good you will not have to look at them long.
• Roll the dough into one-inch balls, as best as you can, and place them on parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet.
• Next comes the coating. All you need to do is melt the almond bark in the microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted.
• Place a stick inside each one – inch to dunk into the almond bark mixture to create the outside coating. Throw some sprinkles on for a bit of color and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion. It makes 24-30 truffles so everyone is sure to get at least one.
The best part is there are no raw eggs to worry about so it is like licking the cake batter off the spoon in every bite.